Meta has already returned with an update on its Web3 adventure. According to one of its most recent postings, Instagram will soon allow users to create NFTs and sell them directly on the app.
To enable this, Instagram will incorporate a Polygon-based end-to-end toolkit that will guide creators through the whole creation, showcasing, and selling process.
NFT fans will also be able to support their favorite artists through extended access to Instagram subscriptions, gifting on Instagram Reels, and Facebook Stars updates. New features would include the ability to launch Stars community challenges that would culminate in a celebration if the creator met their goal, as well as the ability for fans to send a set of virtual gifts suited to specific content.
Meanwhile, the subscription opportunities would allow creators to be supported and get closer to them creating communities.
Although these new features are only available for a small group of creators in the US at the moment, testing will enable expansion to other countries.
This move is in addition to Meta’s other numerous initiatives. Here are several examples:
- Announcing the release of its Meta Quest Pro VR headsets, a partnership with Microsoft and advancements in Meta Horizon Worlds.
- Enabling NFT sharing and posting on Instagram and Facebook
- Partnering with MINI and Fender to launch the Fender Stratoverse and the MINIVerse;
- Releasing a fashion avatar store and a physical store, “The Meta Store,” to introduce people to the metaverse;
- Expanding Horizon Worlds metaverse in France and Spain.