Gatorade, the American brand of sports-themed beverage and food products, has officially launched its first official non-fungible token (NFT) collection in collaboration with OneOf and Gary Vaynerchuk’s Vayner3.
“The Gatorade Game Changers: Athlete of the Year“ NFT collection includes cards depicting the winners of the 2021-22 Gatorade Player of the Year (POY) award, which is given to the nation’s top high school athletes across a variety of sports.
The following are the 12 Gatorade Players of the Year included in the NFT collection that were chosen based on the enormous difficulties and adversity they surmounted to become pillars in their community and accomplish incredible success in the field:
- Volleyball: Averi Carlson
- Football: Nick Singleton
- Boys’ Cross Country: Colin Sahlman
- Girls’ Cross Country: Natalie Cook
- Girls’ Basketball: Kiki Rice
- Boys’ Basketball: Gradey Dick
- Softball: Keagan Rothrock
- Baseball: Brock Porter
- Girls Soccer: Riley Jackson
- Boys Soccer: Jacob Murrell
- Girls’ Track & Field: Juliette Whittaker
- Boys’ Track & Field: Cade Flatt
NFT buyers will receive a 3-card pack and the opportunity to own a piece of history.
The Gatorade NFT offers are only available on OneOf NFT marketplace and will be available in an open-mint version tomorrow, July 20.
Profits from primary sales and 8% of secondary sales will be donated to Good Sports, a humanitarian organization that provides access to kids sports and fitness programs in underserved regions. OneOf will also take 2% of revenues to cover administrative expenditures.