April, 2022—NFTs can be complicated, but they don’t need to be. An exciting project disrupting the NFT space is Flovatar. Flovatar is an on-chain, NFT 2.0 with 1% lifetime royalty, full commercial rights, and a $DUST token (coming very soon) operating on the Flow blockchain.
Thanks to Flovatar, they released a simple getting started with NFTs experience allowing creators to create exactly the NFT they want without receiving random builds compared to other NFT projects.
“We want every Flovatar creator to get the full advantages of NFTs and own them for life. We have a focus on disrupting the NFT and crypto space to add value in massive ways never before seen in web3 technologies.”
What is an NFT?
The Non-Fungible Token (NFT) market has expanded rapidly in the past few years, due to many viral NFT art pieces being released. There are many PFP NFTs that have popped up, especially as many “metaverses” grow. A personal profile picture NFT allows users to represent themselves, their avatar, in the metaverse. The more rare the NFT, the more valuable it can be.
What is Flovatar & why are they unique?
Flovatar NFTs are very different compared to Ethereum NFTs, Solana NFTs, and other NFT projects on more well-known blockchains. However, Flovatar offers more in terms of capabilities, value to the end user, and utility for the future.
Flovatar offers the following benefits:
- BE THE CREATOR with total creative control over what your Flovatar looks like.
- EARN ROYALTIES through a 1% lifetime royalties on all future sales of your Flovatar.
- CONTINUALLY CUSTOMIZE using accessories and backgrounds at any time after minting.
- ANIMATED animations combining certain accessories and backgrounds.
- INTERACTIVE combinations with traits, accessories, backgrounds, & hidden easter eggs.
- EARN $DUST TOKENS to Series 1 Flovatars for a period of 10 years!
What is the Flow Blockchain?
Flovatar is built on the Flow Blockchain, which is a very novel blockchain offering many benefits to users. Creators of the Flow Blockchain, Dapper Labs, are the creators behind many successful projects like CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, and UFC Strike to name a few.
The reasons for using Flow blockchain are:
- Flow is super easy to use.
- Gas fees are extremely low on Flow (Gas fees on Ethereum are similar to transaction charges and they can be quite expensive).
- Flow is eco-friendly as it’s built on the “proof-of-stake” model rather than “proof-of-work”.
Getting Started Info from Flovatar
Unlike comparable NFT projects, Flovatar gives creators the opportunity to create their own avatar however they want rather than just choosing one that’s been pre-made. Thanks to their new builder features and their getting started information, it’s never been easier to create a PFP NFT.
Let’s unpack getting started with Flovatar:
- EVERYTHING BEGINS WITH A SPARK: The Spark is the secret ingredient allowing you to build a Flovatar. Sparks are burnt each time a new Flovatar is created.
- SHAPING YOUR FLOVATAR: You choose categories (body, clothing, eyes, etc) and then choose other traits, and you can also purchase accessories (Flobits) that you can add and remove from your Flovatar at any time.
- BOOSTERS TO INCREASE RARITY: Different traits are color-coded – each color represents a different rarity level: White = Common, Blue = Rare, Yellow = Epic, Purple = Legendary. To use traits that are Rare, Epic, or Legendary you will need to purchase the relevant Booster before creating your Flovatar. And the higher your rarity score the more valuable your Flovatar will be.
- CUSTOMIZING LOOKS WITH ACCESSORIES: One thing making Flovatar unique from other NFT projects is that Flobits can be added and removed from your Flovatar even after you’ve minted it.
- PURCHASING MISSING COMPONENTS IN BUILDER: If your creation includes any components that you don’t have you’ll be shown a shopping list of the missing items that you can buy with just one click.
- THINGS YOU CAN DO EVEN AFTER MINTING: Once created, Flovatars can be used for a number of things including downloading images of your Flovatar, customizing accessories (Flobits), putting Flovatars up for sale in the Marketplace, gifting your Flovatar to someone else, and much more once their $DUST token is released.
You can learn more about getting started with Flovatar on their website through their new digital experience. You can also join their email list to be notified of exclusive offers, events, and when the $DUST token will launch. You can also join the Flovatar discord community here.
Flovatar is a fully on-chain, composable NFT 2.0 with 1% lifetime royalty, full commercial rights, and a $DUST token (coming soon) currently operating on the Flow blockchain
If you would like more information about Flovatar, potential partnership opportunities, or if you would like to do an interview with team Flovatar, please email Jason at Jason@Flovatar.com.