Visa has officially announced its Visa Creator Program, an initiative that helps digital-first artists, musicians, fashion designers, and filmmakers speed up their small businesses through non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Specifically, the program focuses on supporting creators in five key areas:
- Technical and product mentorship: Mentorship with Visa’s team of crypto product and strategy leaders, to cover topics including evaluating tradeoffs between underlying blockchain networks, smart contracts, and NFT marketplaces.
- Community building: The opportunity to exchange ideas and solve problems with a community of creators at various stages of their NFT journey.
- Access to thought leaders: Get insights from leading researchers and thinkers in the fields of digital commerce, web3, cryptography, and payments.
- Exposure to Visa’s clients and partners: Opportunity to interact with companies in Visa’s client and partner network.
- Stipend: A one-time stipend to help creators take their businesses to the next level.
After introducing crypto consulting services designed to help banks and merchants get started in the cryptocurrency space last year, now Visa is focusing its efforts on non-fungible tokens.
The interest in NFTs has been evident since an executive from Visa, Cuy Sheffield, said NFTs have helped to spread crypto assets to a wider audience last year.